Why sign up for a challenge or competition? Any sort of deadline is a great motivator for amping up your workouts, staying on track, and gives you a goal to strive towards. Check out our Triple Threat Challenge, happening on October 13th at 10:00am.
Triple Threat Challenge Rules & Regulations
Rule 1: Facility:
-Harrisonburg’s Elite Fitbox. October 13th, 2018 10:00am. Alcohol and Tobacco Products are prohibited.
Rule 2: Registration:
-Please call a Front Desk attendant at either of our gym locations, Harrisonburg:540-432-6076 or Bridgewater: 540-828-2338 Or check our facebook to sign up on the google link.
If online: click this link- https://goo.gl/forms/3gNsLg5HSX0cqBas1
Rule 3: Equipment:
- Participants are allowed to wear whatever attire they would like, so long as it is conforms to the Harrisonburg 24/7 Fitness dress code (Must wear shoes, no sports bras-only shirts, etc.)
- Any device or equipment that HELPS the lifter is NOT permitted.
- This prohibits: lifting straps, rubber shirts, slingshot shirts, etc.
- Any device or equipment that PREVENTS INJURY is permitted
- This allows: chalk, elbow wraps, knee wraps, wrist support wraps and a weight lifting belt.
Note: The judges reserve the right to deem any piece of equipment as illegal!
Rule 4: General Rules
- The order of the lifts is as follows: Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift.
- Judgers/Spotters will determine the validity of the lift.
- The men and women will go through in two separate groups, which group goes through first will be determined.
- Each lifter will get 3 attempts at the weight they request.
Rule 5: The Squat:
- Participants will approach the bar (padding optional) and adjust the bar on the back to where is comfortable.
- Upon unracking the bar and stepping back, the lifter is permitted to begin the lift on their own accord, instead of at a coach’s mark.
- The knee and hip joint must be parallel to be considered a successful lift.
Rule 6: The Bench Press:
- Participants will lay flat on the bench. The back, shoulders, and buttocks must be in contact with the floor. Feet will also be placed on the floor.
- The lifter can request “lift off” or assistance in unracking the bar. The lifter can begin the lift on their own accord, rather than a coach’s mark.
- The bar must go down and be motionless on the chest before pushing back up. There will not be a coach’s mark, but the judges WILL be looking for the momentary pause before the weight is pushed. Any bouncing, raising of the lower back or any use of momentum will result in a failed attempt.
- The spotters will assist in reracking the bar once the press is locked out.
Rule 7: The Deadlift:
- Participants will approach the bar and prepare to pick up the bar.
- Participants are permitted to use any grip they prefer.
- NO hitching (yanking the bar up), or resting the bar on the thigh.
- The lifter must achieve lock out to be considered a success.